Last Holiday

Hi guys and gals! Welcome to my first ever post in 2017 
Guess what i did last holiday? It was an extremely fun holiday, just so you know.
I went on a trip to the cities in Middle Java. It began on Friday 23rd of December. My family and i went to Pekalongan for the first time after my granddad's funeral. It is the city where he came from. We visited the family my granddad left behind. Besides visiting relatives, we also bought so many batik related things such as clothes, bags, and so on. Pekalongan is famous for its batik production. We stayed there for two nights in a fancy hotel. It was the best hotel we stayed at during our trip around Middle Java. Because it has a WIFI facility so that i could download many drama episodes to accompany me inside my car during the trip. (I am a teenager so i can't live without internet connection, hehe..)
The next stop is Kendal city. We stayed at a traditional house called "Rumah Kendal". We went to a culinary tour around Kendal. We only stayed there for a night. During that night, i watched the drama episodes i had downloaded. It was relaxing because i was afraid of being in that house. The house was creepy because it was old and had many mystical objects such as keris, many old-fashioned mirrors, and the most frightening thing was the old painting. But overall it was a quite interesting experience. This place is only lack of one thing, yes everyone, it has no WIFI .-.
After a night in Kendal, my family and i went to Wonosobo. There was a friend of my mother live there. He gave us advises about the tourist attractions around Wonosobo. The most recommended place was Dieng Hill. It is famous for its "Land above the clouds"(negeri di atas awan), especially its sun rise. We decided to go there the next morning before the sun rise. It was a really exhausting journey to the top. But every pain was payed back by the view of the sun rise above the clouds. We were literally above the clouds. You can feel the wet of the clouds around you. We stayed in Wonosobo for at-least 2 nights and continue on our journey to the next city.
And now ladies and gentlemen,
I want to share the most legendary thing i did last holiday.
Guess what it is?
Yes, people. Going to BOROBUDUR TEMPLE 
Last holiday was also my first time going to Borobudur Temple. Although most of my friends have been there when they were a kid, i've just been there when i was already a teenager. This temple is located in Magelang. I went there with my family on a car from the last city we went, Wonosobo. It was really hot when we entered the city. Luckily, the AC from our car was lowering the heat from outside.
When we got off the car, the heat was burning us like crazy. There were many hats and umbrella sellers. Even sunglasses were available here . I decided to rent an umbrella to prevent from sunburn. My sisters bought a hat for each of them. They were too lazy to hold an umbrella. My parents opposed the idea at first. But my sisters were begging them so much that they gave up and agreed. Besides hats, we also bought "Candi Borobudur" t-shirts there although we hadn't even entered the main gate. It was such a great experience to be able to vist one of the seven wonders in the world. I hope i can visit another wonderful things in Indonesia in the future 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blue Mountain (My Favorite Place)

My Unforgetable Memory