My Unforgetable Memory

Hello guys and girls, today i want to tell you about my unforgetable memory i had when i went to Australia.
It was in 8th grade when i first went to Australia with my school friends. It was a student immersion program. Only 32 students were sent there from 7th to 9th grade. I was so excited and scared at the same time. I'd never gone to other country without my parents before. It also wasn't my will to go there from the beginning. It was my parents who want me to go. I wasn't so sure at first. But it turns out really fun.

Before we went to Australia, we first visited the "Gedung Sate". It was my first time there, so i was really excited. The building looks like  a palace from the inside. We were sitting all the time so it was a bit boring. After that, we went back to school and prepared ourselves for tomorrow journey.




The next day, we went to Sydney for travelling, before we started studying there. We went to different places such as Opera House, Madame Tussauds, Blue Mountain, and other main attractions there (i forgot what else). The Blue Mountain is my favorite place out of those three. Because it's blue (my favorite color) and it has a ride called the Railway. It feels like we were riding on  a roller coaster trough the forest. The Madame Tussauds also interesting. But i was really bored there because all you could do is taking photos. I thought we were going to watch an opera when we went to Opera House. But i was wrong because all we did there were taking photos(again). I didn't reallly like taking pictures when i went to some interesting places. It was because i want to enjoy the journey with bare-eyes (not through the lens of the camera, that's what i mean). But don't worry, i have some photos to share with you guys.




























The next stop was Adelaide. I met my host family and studied here. I went to Trinity College School. It was a great school and had many nice friends. The most interesting thing that i learnt there was making batik. A REAL batik that made of candle. Weird right? I had never made a batik before i went there. It was a surprise that they had batik in one of the subject. My buddy at school were Tate and Emma. Why two? Because both of them were best friends so that they both couldn't be seperated. Besides friends, i also had a relly nice host parents. It was Carol and Ron. I stayed at their house with Puspa, one of my friend from school. We had so much fun together, especially on the weekend. We went to the mall and bought souveniers. It was such an unforgetable moment. It was really sad when we had to say goodbye. I remember when it was the last day i went to school, me and my buddies were hugging each other and cried. It was the last day at school, but it wasn't my last day in Australia.


So, as i said before, we weren't just end the trip in Adelaide. We went to Melbourne for another vacation. We stayed in a hostel, called Space Hostel. We went to one of the best univerity in Australia, University of Melbourne. The buildings were old-fashioned, but the interior was modern. We also went to the Victoria Market to bought souveniers. 



Well, that's how i ended my journey to Aussie. That's all from me. Bye! (the kangaroo said bye too)

-Fya

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blue Mountain (My Favorite Place)